Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tropical Nail Art - Palm Trees

My daughter wanted me to paint some palm trees on her nails for her vacation to DR, so here is my attempt. I wanted to do a gradient that looked sort of like a sunset. So I started with China Glaze Pool Party at the cuticle area, and just applied it like regular polish but not going all the way to the tip of the nail because I am putting yellow there. After that dried I sponged on a neon orange, and finished in the tips with more sponging with China Glaze Happy go Lucky. I did two coats of the yellow for better coverage.
Then I used a nail art striper to do the Palm trees. Kinda cute right?? I didn't wait long enough for the design to dry, so the top coat dragged a little, even though I really floated it.



This is also before cleanup because, she is impatient, and had somewhere to go


It was her request to have the palm trees face the way they do. My natural instinct would have been to do them the other way, but either is cute.


Thanks for looking
Let me know if you have a request for summer nail art that you would like to see, or what your favourite nail is in the summer.
♥pam♥

**** Here is an edit, post vacation****
My daughter was showing me some of her pics from her vacation and among them was this amazing shot of her nails. So I thought I would add it here.


Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

17 comments:

  1. That's a very nice mani you did there! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No requests here, just wanted to say that this is the cutest thing! I hope your daughter really appreciated it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I loved the pink flowered pedi you did recently (just in case I didn't tell you on the board ;0)

    Oh and where's the follow button? :0D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Angel- Thanks! I think she really did appreciate it. And tonight she wants me to re-create my pink flowered pedi for her too.
    @ NailsIt- Thanks so much! I love that one too. I see you found the follow button. Thanks for the follows everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cute. Now I want a Tequila Sunrise! I wonder if I have any tequila....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! So pretty and tropical... in time for summer! :)

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jeanie! I am excited to see how they held up. She comes home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MAY I ASK WHAT NAIL POLISHES WHERE USED NAMES, COLORS? I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used China Glaze Pool Party, and a neon orange that I *think was a Massino one? and China Glaze happy go lucky.

      Delete
  9. So cute gonna get them done for my next vacation. was this pic taken at Barcelo PP DR? I was there in April and those buildings look like they are at that resort

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this and definitely want to recreate this look on my blog (i will give you credit though!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was wondering what kind of drink she had! Someone posted that picture on pinterest because she wanted the drink but didn't know what it was. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a lot. I read every comment. If you have any questions or want me to check out your blog, please email me at info@girlybitspolish.com