Saturday, June 25, 2011

OPI - I Lily Love You over Avon Vivid Violet

Yesterday I picked up I Lily Love You by OPI from the Nice Stems Collection, summer 2011. It's pink based but almost clear and packed with different sizes and shapes of  glitters and flakies. There are blue, green, yellow, pink, and a few iridescent bar glitters in there too. I think what is drawing most people to this are the flakies in it. I am not a huge glitter fan, but this is pretty. Mine was a little thick so I added some thinner, and oddly it dries a little more matte than I thought. I always use a top coat anyway so it doesn't matter. I just thought it was interesting.

First I tried it over Avon Vivid Violet, simply because I was swatching  that anyway. So here is Vivid Violet so you can see what that looks like alone. It's quite difficult to capture the true colour, as purples are notoriously difficult to get an accurate picture of. This is as close as I could get. I would say it's a tad more violet/pinky than this. But close.


And this is with I Lily Love You on top. ( no top coat, but not dry yet)
Meh, it's ok. I think I will try it over a light pink.





And just for S&G's and because flakies are fun to mattify, here it is with China Glaze Matte Magic on top.
I think I like this better actually.





I also swatched I Lily Love You over China Glaze Up All Night. You can see it by clicking here, and I also swatched it over Essie Muchi Muchi and you can see that by clicking here 

Thanks for looking!
~Pam


Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

  1. WOW. As a purple lover, this mani is TDF!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to comment on this again because I am in love with this look! LOVE!!! Purple love. ;D I need to get my hands on that Avon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a lot. I read every comment. If you have any questions or want me to check out your blog, please email me at info@girlybitspolish.com