Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fruit Slices summer nail art

Summer always begs for a cool pitcher of lemonade or some other fruity drink with fruit slices and cherries, and strawberries floating in it. And perhaps a shot or two of your favourite fruity liqueur. It's been so hot here we have not been able to enjoy the poolside as much as usual. So I decided to bring my fruit slices indoors and wear them on my nails. This is fairly easy to do, and if you are not big on wearing cutesy nail art on your fingers, it looks amazing on toes as well.


I did all my favourite citrus fruits. Lemon, lime, orange and grapefruit.



I love fruity summery drinks, and I would love to hear what your favourites are. 
I have a recipe for a slushy punch that I always keep in my freezer for when company arrives. It get's a lot of love from my guests. 
You can find my recipe for it by clicking here
It's pretty amazeballs, I promise!

Feel free to send me your favourite drink recipe. I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for looking, and stay cool everyone!
♥pam♥

Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

18 comments:

  1. This is really cool-this is why your blog is awesome! I got my brushes last night-so am gonna try something tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad you got your brushes. Let me know how it goes! I am going to be doing some more art later today, and I think I might do these fruit slices on my toes instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesomeness!you have a super steady hand :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very cute! My favorite fruity summer drink is just any of the fruity herbal teas from Teavana on ice. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! I actually shake quite a bit, so thanks for saying that. I have to avoid coffee when I do nail are for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, fruity Iced tea is great too!! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. makes me thirsty looking at that, lol!

    lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this is amazing! Makes me want a summer cocktail.......in the middle of winter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this. ADORE! You are so creative :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun fresh summer look!!! The colors are perfect - they look so juicy! The fruit slices are so awesome! LOVE this look! <3

    And...my favorite summer drink is one I made up! :) Fill a glass 3/4 of the way full with champagne, add some PassoĆ£ (passion fruit liqueur), a good splash of pineapple juice, and a tiny dash of cranberry juice, and that's it. It's a nice alternative to bellinis and mimosas, plus it has a refreshing taste!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I like the pink grapefruit best, I think.

    One of my favorite summer drinks is iced tea sangria. You mix iced tea, red wine, and club soda in a punch bowl and add lots of cut up fruit. It is yum! You could maybe use red grape juice if you wanted to make a non-alcoholic version.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the recipes for the drinks! I can't wait to try them ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these - so refreshing to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow those nails are amazing I wish I could do that!!!:) I could just eat them up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girls Just Wanna Have NailsJuly 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM

    The summer fruit drink that I love is what I call Cactus Cooler...you take orange juice and pour it into a big punch bowl...then you add seirra mist. Decorate the bowl with orange and lemon slices...then your done!:) Those nails are beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a lot. I read every comment. If you have any questions or want me to check out your blog, please email me at info@girlybitspolish.com