Saturday, September 24, 2011

The evolution of nail art

Happy Saturday Everyone! I will have a VERY exciting announcement after the weekend, but for today I have some nail art for you, with pictures of the stages of how it happened, start to finish.

I started off with a base coat of Revlon Carbonite, (which I got from the lovely Stacy at Parlez-Vous Ongles) which is supposed to be a dupe for Chanel Graphite. I don't have graphite, but from the pics I have seen it's close enough for me.

First thing I did was add random black dots in varying sizes. I used Wet n Wild black creme, which is my favourite black ever!



After the black dots had dried a little bit, I went back over the black dots with Carbonite, making those dots a little smaller than the black dots, leaving a ring of black showing.



Then I went over them each again, using an even smaller dotting tool and Sally Hansen X-treme wear in White On.



And finally I added tiny white dots randomly in between the larger dots, just to accent it and finish the look.




Cute and easy.



Stay tuned for the announcement coming soon.

Thanks for looking!!
♥pam♥
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

18 comments:

  1. I bet I know what you're gonna announce! Congrats if I'm right! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! And it was neat to see it evolve;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I had told you before but doesn't matter... I love all your manicures with lots of dots!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. I don't have any dotting tools, but I'd like to get a set with a few sizes so I can try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so cool Pam!!!! Can't wait for your announcement ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this - so simple yet so effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. I hope you don't get tired of my dot-icures. I kinda love them a lot ♥♥

    Announcement coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE! I can't wait to hear your announcement... Even though I'm pretty sure I already know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks really cute but I liked it more without white dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG love your blog !! Anyone can find great ideas here !!! Keep up the good work!

    xxx
    Follow back if you want

    http://girlfriendslovelytimemachine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much. I really appreciate the love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look so great, you dotted them all perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a lot. I read every comment. If you have any questions or want me to check out your blog, please email me at info@girlybitspolish.com