I have returned from vacation rested, relaxed and buried in laundry. That first day post-vacation is such a killer right? I always said I need a vacation after being on vacation. We spent a week with family and friends at our favourite spot, the gem of Lake Erie- Pelee Island.
Today's post is some nail art that I did right before I left and did not get a chance to post. The base is a fantastic purple by OPI- Pamplona Purple. As usual with purples, it is difficult to capture the colour accurately. Purples usually show their bluer side for the camera.
So here is the finished look-
This is a deceiving nail art. It is actually quite simple to do, but always looks impressive.
I started with a base of OPI Pamplona Purple. This picture is probably the most colour accurate one. The actual colour is a little deeper.
I would say it's more like this, but a little more red perhaps?
After the base was thoroughly dry, I used a small detailing brush and added flowers in a complimentary colour. Again purples don't photograph accurately, but I believe this was Zoya Malia.
I started off by placing the largest flower first. I didn't put in anywhere in particular, just randomly on each nail. I loaded the brush with a fair bit of polish, and placed each petal in a rough circle. They do not have to be symmetrical or even. In fact, in my opinion the more uneven they are the more interesting it looks. The centers do not have to be neat either because you can make that look neat when you add the dot in the middle. I did a mixture of sizes for the largest flower, with some having 6 petals, and some 7. Whatever fits really. For the most part I tried to not let each petal touch the next one but if a few do, no big deal.
After the petals for the largest one are done, I start with the flower right beside it. I usually try to place them so that the two petals of the first flower straddle a petal from the second flower. I continued filling in the majority of the rest of the nail with flowers of different sizes, and part flowers at the edges of the nail.
After all the petals were done, I did the centers of the flowers with a coordinating lighter pinkish purple. Again, I forget exactly ( this was before the brain cell defeating vacation). And to finish it off I placed a few very tiny white dots in the centers of the largest flowers, just for accent. Totally not necessary.
After it was all thoroughly dry I topped it all with my favourite quick dry top coat, Seche Vite.
I hope you enjoy this look, and do let me know if you try it out.
I have had many requests to tutorials, so I will try to take pictures of the steps so I can at the very least do picture tutorials for now. I hope to do some video tutorials as well.
Thanks for looking!